Having seen the amount of rust which was present in the lower sections of my outer wing, it was clear that it needed a new panel welding in place. I was having trouble deciding how much I needed to replace – too little and there would still be too much rust, too much and it would be harder to shape the new panel.
In the end I took off the bottom 15cm of the section of panel which meets the drivers door.
I used some 1.2mm steel to fabricate a replacement section, along with the rear piece to be sandwiched in for extra support. Having welded it in place, I’ll get the filler on to get the lines of the wheel arch sorted before painting.
As always, you can check out the video below which shows the whole process.